On the Company Portal, the Templates module is where you can create inspection item hierarchies and item attributes and configure item questions using question categories. It is advisable to create generic templates, as these Templates will be copied to specific Inspection Types in the Custom Asset module for particular assets. Those copied Templates can then be adapted or altered for that specific asset. For example, if one of your items is 'Reclaimer Inspection' that has many sub-components, and your assets have many reclaimer inspections, you can create one 'Reclaimer Inspection Template and use that four times in Asset' A,' six times in Asset' B,' ten times in Asset' C,' and so on. If Asset' C's reclaimer inspection is essentially the same as the others but with minor differences, you can change the Inspection Type for Asset' C' without affecting the generic Template.
How to Build a Template
Watch the Full Video:
The View Templates screen displays all Templates created in the system. It is accessible in the Data Management drop-down on the top menu bar (Figure 21).
From this view, you can:
- Add a new Template
- Edit a Template
- Delete a Template
- Sort the grid by clicking on the grid headers
Click "Add Template" from the Templates screen to add a new Template. Enter the Template Name, Type, Category, and Description. When finished, click on "Add and Build this Template" to add and build the Template, click on "Save" to save only the template name, or click "Cancel" to exit without saving.
Click the "Edit" link from the Templates screen to edit an existing Template. Edit the relevant fields. You can edit your Item Hierarchies, Item Attributes, and Questions on this screen by clicking the "Edit Item Hierarchy" button.
The Template Builder
The Template Builder is focused on building parent and child items, creating questions and answers to each Item so that the inspector in the field can access all the questions they'll need to complete the inspection.
Clicking "Add and Build this Template" from the Add Template screen will bring you to the Template Builder view. If this is a new Template, the screen will be blank. You will begin by adding Items and entering the Item Attributes.
Note that this screen has an auto-save feature activated when adding items and questions or navigating away from this screen.
The Items List
The Items List displays the hierarchical structure of the Template.
There are Item Hierarchy Controls which help create and edit this hierarchy.
Add Parent Item Click the add icon to add a new parent item to the Items List.
Add Child Item With an item highlighted, clicking this icon will add a child item. This Item will appear indented below the parent item.
Move Up Use this icon to move an item up in the list.
Move Down Use this icon to move an item down in the list.
Increase Indent Use this icon to make an item a child or one level down in the item hierarchy.
Decrease Indent Use this icon to promote an item to be the parent or one level up in the item hierarchy.
Delete Item Clicking this will delete an item from the list and remove any child and sub-child items under it.
Search Items The Search Icon prompts a modal search window. Search by Item Name or Tag and click "Find and Select." The Item in the list will be highlighted. Click "Close" to exit without searching.
Once the Item Attributes are saved, you can add questions for the Item.
- Click the "Questions" tab.
- If this is a new item with no questions, click "Add New Question."
After clicking "Add New Question," you will see the "Creating a new question" screen. Enter the necessary fields:
- Type the question
- Set the Weight slider to reflect how Negligible or Important the question is. The value you will choose will be between 1-100, with one being the least important and 100 being the most important. This value, along with the Question Answer Criticality (determined when you created the Question Category), will be used to calculate the Condition Rating: Condition Rating = ((The sum of all Question Weights * 10) - (The sum of failed (Question Weight * Question Answer Criticality) / (The sum of all Question Weights * 10)) * 100
- Here you will see the Regulatory Bodies, Standards, and Question Categories you created previously. It is possible to edit the Question Answer configuration or to add a New Question Category if needed directly from this screen which will be specific to this Template only.
- Enter any additional instructions for the inspector
- Search and add Related Documents if necessary.
- When you are finished, click "Save Question." An item can have as many questions as needed.
Once you've created all your items, you can continue organizing them. You can edit, copy, delete, and search items from the hierarchy. You can also preview the Template in detail by selecting each Item, and it will show you the information you've inputted into your items (i.e. Questions, Answers and Photos). Don't forget to click "Save" after building your Template.